Burst tire on 06 Sonata LX

Page 1 of 2
Hit something in the road and burst tire in San Diego. had AAA change it. now worrying about the wheel. Anyone know where I could buy 17" 5 spoke
wheel, if I need one, without having to take out a second mortgage!! ??
EBAY about $100
Deck wrote:

Obvious, but start with the junk yards. Lots of them have computerized inventories with links to other yards.
Good Luck!

Salvage Yards my boy... Salvage Yards. It's an industry today. Check around too. Though they have an extensive network for locating parts, salvage yard pricing varies as widely as opinions on the internet. It is not hard at all to find 2X pricing between yards in any given area for exactly the same part.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I guess back when I was your age, they were called "Junk Yards." But then "Custodians" were called "Janitors" and a "User Access Cover" was called a "Manhole" : )
Cheers.

I used to resent when people talked to me this way, but now I like it when someone says "back when I was your age". Many times these people aren't even older than me, but you reach a certain age where you enjoy being thought of as a youngster - even if it isn't true.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Well, at 66 I suddenly became a "kid"! Of course, I had to move to a retirement community to attain this status. Average age here is 72 but there are a lot of people here who, age wise, could have been my parents : )
Cheers

Why did you have AA change it and not do it yourself ?
because it was dark, my invalid wife was with me and besides that I pay AAA plenty a year to do it for me!
about "Re: Burst tire on 06 Sonata LX":
D> ...and besides that I pay AAA D> plenty a year to do it for me!
That reason works with me also.
Best Regards

How long does one have to wait for AA to arrive and do the "job" over there ?
49:45) about "Re: Burst tire on 06 Sonata LX":
P> How long does one have to wait for AA to arrive and do the "job" over P> there ?
Luckily I have not had to use them so far. (Fingers crossed).
Best Regards
they were there in 20 mins. about the time it would take me to try to jack up the car with that crappy little scissorsjact that comes with the car
My daughter had a flat a couple of weeks ago, called AAA. An hour later she called me. It took me 45 minutes to reach her, 5 minutes to change the tire and when we left - still no AAA.
--

"Pit's" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Why pay AAA when Hyundai road service is free?
--

"Deck" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
will Hyundai come and jumper my Ford Van? will hyundai come and fix my flat in St. Jon New Mexico, 200 miles from any dealer? and bring gas to my wifes accord when she runs out?

No & why should they if one is so clueless to not ask FORD
>will hyundai come and fix my

Why should they! Unless you are some way incapacitated you should get off your arse and do it yourself

No & why should Hyundai do that ? If wife is so dumb as to rub out of fuel in the first place Us ethe fuel burn wife at stake sell the Honda and take remedial lessons on not to ask dumb questions in the future :)

is it just your day to be nasty, or are you always that way?

**It seems more like your post flew clear over his head, perhaps he doesn't understand the art of rhetorical questions.