Factory recall on steering bolt for 2011 Sonata

I have not gone to the dealer to get this work done. Has anyone had any problems or issues concerning this? Thanks, Wade

Had mine done 3 days ago and haven't noticed any change.

To my knowledge, there have been a few cases where the steering intermediate shaft was not properly attached to the steering rack or steering column. I've not personally seen anything except the latter, and never in such a situation where I thought it could separate or fail to function properly. The fact remains, however, that Hyundai suspects there may be vehicles out there where the components could separate, leading to a loss of steering. I'd recommend taking the car in sooner rather than later. While the chances are great no problem will be found, this service serves as insurance that nothing will occur. The recall also includes a programming update for the electronic power steering, and Hyundai has not specified what this update contains.