ECM recall on 2013 Elantra?

Today I took my car in for an oil change and a recall fix. They also said there was an ECM recall fix they were doing as well. I don't see this recall on the NHTSA site.

Anyone know what it is?

Reply to
TCW

May not be a recall, just an update so it would not be listed. They did that on my Sonata about 2 years ago when I was in for an oil change. Ended up costing me tens of thousands of dollars.

They tried to do the update but ended up destroying the ECM. The had to get one from the factory but would not have it until the next day. I had an outing planned too. For a loaner, they gave me a Genesis. I really liked the car and 6 months later bought one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It was a TSB:

Date Reported: NOVEMBER 01, 2014

NHTSA Reference: #10057053

TSB Reference: #TSB-14-FL-006

Bob Bailin

replying to TCW, Amanda wrote: I got the recall letter in the mail today ! :)

Reply to
Amanda

Hi there TCW, I have a quick question for you if you don"t mind. Have you had any problems with your Elantra since they did the update? Thank you!

Reply to
Code1988

Hi there Amanda, I have a quick question for you if you don"t mind. Have you had any problems with your Elantra since they did the update? Thank you!

Reply to
Code1988