Re: Radio Poltergeists

| Richard Steinfeld wrote: | > I drove my 2000 Sonata over a railroad crossing today. The radio | > came on all by itself. Two weeks ago, I drove a different
2000 | > Sonata each time I hit a moderate bump in the street with that | > car, the radio came on. In each case, the radio was an original | > Hyundai model. The radio in mine is the top model -- with both CD | > and cassette. I don't recall which model was in the other car, | > but it's a different model: mine is almost as loaded as it can | > get (only missing the traction control). The other one was a base | > model. | > | > I'm pretty familiar with electronics. This one's really got me | > stumped. What gives? | | Is the on-off switch/button particulary sensitive. If so, it may be just | the vibration causing the switch contacts to close and turn the radio on.
I wouldn't think so (note that I experienced this in two different Hyundais). The switch seems to require a good healthy push. On the other hand, that's the physical part of the switch -- the actual contacts may be loose and able to touch each other.
Richard