Resetting Engine code for 2001 elantra GLS

My "Check Engin" light came on today. I opened the hood to find that when i got the oil changed about a month ago, they didnt put the radiator overfill cap back on so the take was neerly empty. I fill the
radiator up to the correct fill line but the light is on. My thoughts are that I would need to reset the error code in the computer but am unsure exactly how to do this. I new with older model cars, you just had to take a paper click and push it into reset button. I have never accually done this. Does anyone know how and where to reset the error code without having to take it into the shop.
If you have a local Auto Zone they will read the codes for you. You need to see what the code is to determine the area of trouble I don't see the overflow tank causing check engine light. Anything is possible
If the lamp was coming on because your car was overheating, you shouldn't have any problems with disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to clear the code.
If you don't think you lost enough coolant to cause the car to overheat, and I don't think you should overheat just from not having the reservoir cap off, you should have the codes checked.