Cluster resetting

Been lurking in the ngrp for a while and now ran into a problem with my 2001 A6 2.4. I am in South Africa. The instrument cluster keeps on resetting and switching on and off for about 5 minutes or so on cold start. Ok rest of the day except for flickering now and again. It resets tripmeter to 0 as well as time and date. Dealer advised replacement battery, but that did'nt solve it. Booked in for a service in 2 weeks time (busy dealership) Anyone had this happen before?? Info appreciated

Coenraad

Reply to
Coenraad