2013 Elantra GLS P0301 code

I have a 2013 Elantra GLS with about 63k miles on it. My wife went to
start the car today and it started and then died. Tried again, started
and then died. I later tried myself and it started fine. Check engine
light came on and later scanned a P0301 code which was a "Cylinder 1
Misfire."
It was pretty cool this morning with a lot of condensation so I though
maybe there was moisture on the wires. P0301 says it could be spark
plugs or ignition coils needing to be replaced. I am kind of doubting
either of those being bad at only 63k. Anyone else experience this
symptom at 63k miles? Anything I should check first? Thanks for any tips.
Reply to
TCW
Given the wires are 5 years old it is possible the wire is not up to snuff. I'd pull and look at the plug even though they should go a lot longer.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
Didn't have a chance to check the wires this weekend due to rain but the check engine light went away on it's own. Maybe it was just a fluke this time.
Reply to
TCW

Site Timeline Threads