2013 Elantra GLS P0301 code

I have a 2013 Elantra GLS with about 63k miles on it. My wife went to start the car today and it started and then died. Tried again, started and then died. I later tried myself and it started fine. Check engine light came on and later scanned a P0301 code which was a "Cylinder 1 Misfire."

It was pretty cool this morning with a lot of condensation so I though maybe there was moisture on the wires. P0301 says it could be spark plugs or ignition coils needing to be replaced. I am kind of doubting either of those being bad at only 63k. Anyone else experience this symptom at 63k miles? Anything I should check first? Thanks for any tips.

Reply to
TCW

Given the wires are 5 years old it is possible the wire is not up to snuff. I'd pull and look at the plug even though they should go a lot longer.

Ed Pawlowski

Thanks Ed. I'll pull 'em and re-seat them at the least.

Reply to
TCW

Didn't have a chance to check the wires this weekend due to rain but the check engine light went away on it's own. Maybe it was just a fluke this time.

Reply to
TCW