2 questions....98 rodeo...rear diff fluid change and transmission clunk

Hello...
couple of questions...
1. how do you drain the fluid from the differential...I didn't see a drain plug anywhere.
2. every so often....2 weeks or so....we get a pretty good clunk when
the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd...and same on the downshift. Anyone else experience this and how to fix it?
thanks
Dave
You have to remove the differential cover. When you replace it clean the mating surfaces then run a bead of RTV silicon (I prefer blue for this kind of seal) around the cover and bolt it in place. If you try to use a pump to get it out of the fill hole you won't get all of it out.