2006 Expedition Transmission Fluid Change

Our 2006 Expedition is coming due for its 1st Transmission Fluid change. I have a Pickup truck (different make) where I do the transmission fluid change myself, so I want to go ahead and do it myself on the Expedition as well. Unfortunately, there is no repair manual available yet for the 2006 model, except the shop manual which is quite expensive and if I can avoid buying it, then I would prefer to do so and wait till a Haynes manual is available. Therefore my question here if there is anything special to consider when doing the transmission fluid change on the 2006 Expedition.

Is the filter accessible when I drop the pan? Is there a special tool needed? What is the torque for the filter screws and the pan bolts? Anything else to be aware of? I googled around, but nobody has documented this procedure yet.

Thanks in advance. Axel

Reply to
axel

When you drop the pan, you will be able to remove/replace the filter. The pan gasket is the reusable type. Torque the bolts to 10 ft-lb. There is no torque converter drain plug, so you won't be able to change "most" of the fluid. After you replace the pan, you will need to add at least 5 quarts of fluid. Be sure to use the correct fluid.

You would get a faster response for questions like this from the members of the Expeditions Owner Mailing List. See .

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White