94 rodeo stalls,needs gas pedal pumped to start.

I have a 94 rodeo 3.2 v6 4wd,when I try to start it I have to pump/feather the gas pedal to start the motor like it has a carb,rpm jumps around when
coming to a stop ,when tranny is downshifting and sometimes dies.Anyone run into this before?Any help would be great.Thanks.