98 Rodeo Gas mileage

I'm the original owner of a 3.2 v6 rodeo... I've always changed my oil on time, gotten tune ups at regular intervals, used either mid-grade or supreme gas, and repaired any problems instantly. About 3 years ago I
had to take a job driving long distances and I could usually get anywhere between 315 - 340 miles to the tank (actually when the empty light would come on). But since my truck has crossed the 175,000 mile mark I've been lucky to get 250 miles to the tank and actually seem to be averaging around 215. Is my truck just getting old or is there some potential problem I should be aware of that could be causing this drop?

I ran into this problem and I started using a gas additive to clean the fuel injectors, have not got back to the original mileage but am pretty darn close.
--
( ,&&&.
) .,.&&

the
pretty
That's about the only thing I really haven't tried. I've always been a bit leery of gas additives/fuel injector cleaners, but I guess it's time to give them a shot.
Matt wrote:

Many shops do not recommend cleaners. While they can help clean the injectors, they also tend to damage the injector seals making them leak over time. If the vehicle is high mileage they may be leaking already. Smelling faint gas fumes especially when the engine is cold is a common sign of leaking injector seals.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:41:40 -0500, "Matt"

change your O2 sensor(s)... when they start to go, your mileage starts going down the toilet.
HTH, Bret

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

starts
Just out of curiosity... you wouldn't happen to have any idea which I would need (I've never changed an O2 sensor before)? I see the following Standard Motor Products: Upstream Sensor MT, Upstream Sensor AT, Downstream Sensor MT, Downstream Sensor AT. And then I see an AC Delco HTD Oxy OEM Sensor, part #AFS105.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:14:42 -0500, "Matt"

to be honest, at 175k, they all need to be replaced... my wife's 93 rodeo has an O2 replacement interval of 90,000miles as specified by the manual.
-Bret
Matt wrote:

Timing chain & gears?
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:45:26 -0500, Jim Helfer

no chain or gears... the cams are driven by a belt.
-Bret

And I just replaced it a couple of weeks ago... but thanks...

oil
or
mile
some
drop?
Ah. Didn't know that. I have a 92' with a 3.1 and I forget that it's a completely different engine.
you wouldnt happen to be the cold winter seson nys area running gas w/ ethanol,that will do it every time ,at least on my 95 passport LXW4X4 3.2V6