Air Conditioner Problem - 95 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4WD

Hi,
The air conditioner has been switching on and off by itself, cool/hot, cool/hot. With the car running I hear something under the hood switching on
and off. There is no pattern to the switching. A friend recommended that I get the freon checked. I had an "A/C Service" performed and approx. 3lbs of freon added. The switching on and off still occurs. What could be the problem?
Thanks
Andy

Hmm 3 lbs.. Thats a lot of freon.. You have a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed, I'd start there. The thing that is "switching" is a compressor clutch engaging and disengaging. The constant switching is bad for the compressor and clutch. For all we know, the freon has already leaked out, the system can't hold pressure, and the compressor is constrantly cycling to try to compensate.
__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4