@002 Trooper TOD light

My TOD light came on and started blinking while in 2wd and the check light came on later. When I put it in 4 wd it stops . Is it ok to drive in 2wd with the light on and blinking or should I leave it in 4 wd ??Any info will help , I really don't want to make a trip to the dealer over this unless I have too!!

Reply to
rwcos

Hello, same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago on my 99 Trooper (look at my post down lower "Help w/ 99 Trooper"). I ended up taking it to dealer, he said it was a TOD vacuum solenoid unit, something messed up with a sensor on the front axle. It probably was not anything major, I am sure I could have driven it like that for a while, but flashing really bugged me, so I got it fixed. There went 200 bucks!

Reply to
marko

Can anyone tell me if it is OK to drive wiith the light blinking?? Will I hurt the TOD if I do this?? Also , will my 4 wd work in this condition ?? Why does the blinking stop when I push the TOD button???

Reply to
rwcos

My TOD check light began flashing this past. Did you ever find out anymore information and if it is okay to drive? Thanks!

Reply to
randdub

My TOD check light began flashing this past week. Did you find out anymore information or if it is okay to drive? Thanks!

Reply to
randdub