just curious

i have a 1993 rodeo, 3.2 5 speed 4x4, after watching this group for a while it seems that i have all of the 3.2 knocks and rattles that are normal for this engine, just curious, does anyone know of a different
engine that will bolt up to the trans? i.e. small block chevy, small block ford, etc...???
-

I think there are... there's a very active Isuzu interest group on www.4.4wire.com that you might be interested in. They have a lot of experience with solid axle swaps (SAS), putting rock-crawler gear sets (terra-lows) in as well as engine swaps.
Just curious: this engine is fairly reliable... even considering all the knocks and rattles and such since they don't affect it much beyond the noise. Even with these problems it's a fairly bullet proof engine.. a lot of people have put very high miles on them (250k+).
Why would you want to get rid of a good engine... and drop a Ford or GM engine in which is generally much less reliable?
Just curious... BuddyWh

are

different

small

of
sets
all
beyond
or
Usenet
thanks for your reply, you've made some very good points! i guess that i am just being to picky in letting the engine noises get to me, mine is very reliable, i never have to add oil in between the 3000 mile oil changes, and the engine makes plenty of power to pull the vehicle into traffic. i probably should just leave it alone. does 15- 16 miles per gallon sound about right?
-

Annoyingly: yes (if this is mostly city with some highway). I think the worst I've done is 14 but that was off-road, slow, in 4x4 a lot.
I get 17-21 on the highway; 25 with a good tail wind.
This is still considered pretty good - average when I talk to some other SUV users, though. The Yukon owners are down right envious.
My daughter just got a 96 Rodeo with a 3.2, and it gets around 15-19 mpg. Most of the driving is somewhere between city and hwy, has about 69,000 on it. I'm beginning to realize that we shouldn't expect to get any better than this. Hoping this will be motivation for her to get something a little more practical in the future.
Bruce

think
lot.
envious.

it is mostly city driving, i had a feeling that this was pretty typical mileage for this vehicle, thanks for taking the time to reply...
-