KYB MonoMax on Trooper - report

Well, I recently replaced OEM struts with KYBs (purchased thru tirerack.com). Old ones had 120K miles on them and had gone way too soft.
KYBs are much firmer and indeed control body roll & braking pitch quite
well. Truck is also much more stable in crosswind. Overall impression is quite good. Ride over potholes is comfortable enough, although I would have preferred a bit firmer shocks for highway speeds.
Also, my mechanic is telling me these shocks are somewhat more susceptible to damage than regular shocks. Monomax is single-body design, and a heavy hit by a rock will dent the body, and stop the piston from moving. I suppose this will only apply if you drive fast on gravel, or go off-roading.
If you're thinking of replacing shocks on Trooper (mine is 1998), then KYBs are a good deal. These won't make your truck a cornering machine, but is a definite improvement over OEMs.
Peter