high idle on trooper

I have a 1999 Isuzu Trooper and the idle keeps getting higher 1500 to 2000 rpm. The check engine light does not come on.If I pull the fuse to the computer it will reset and idle at 750 rpm for about a day, then creep back up over the next several days. Any ideas on what might cause this

Reply to
DRYWALLER

It is difficult to guess. I would first check to make sure the air filter is clean and that the plastic hose from the filter box to the engine is connected securely and has no cuts in it. Extra air can cause it to run at higher RPM. My other guess would be to check the TPS. TPS is simple to check all you need is an ohmmeter. If you have a shop manual look it up in there.

Reply to
Fred

Reply to
DRYWALLER

They hang on the end of the throttle plate shaft & (usually) have a 3 wire connector.

Regards, Al

Reply to
Al Haunts