Lighting

A buddy of mine just called with an interesting problem. He has a 95 Isuzu Rodeo. When he turns on the turn signals, all the gauges fluctuate and when he
turns on the headlights, every gauge and turn signals go out. It sounds like a loose ground wire to me, but I don't have a clue where to look. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I had the same problem, it also kept blowing the fuse, turned out that I had a short in the wiring for the trailer electrics... worth a thought