For a friend of mine

Anyone have an online source for a 3" body lift kit for a standard Beetle? A place with a reasonable price that has the kit in stock? I found this but it's not in stock:

about a source for some of those tall, knobby tires that would fitstock Beetle rims? Just asking. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Mmm, if you wanna go with the Kommandeurwagen look and large tires, they= =

actually had baloon tires when deployed to the dessert(SP?) Not much knobby though..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

How about those tall but thin tires used on old army willys jeeps?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Friend, eh? You gonna do it aren't you? :P

Reply to
David Gravereaux

For tires, go see:

The body lift kit you.... He will have to fabricate himself I'm sure. :) Some rectangular profile, thin wall steel tubing should work pretty well.

Longer off-road trailing arms in the front, maybe investigate if someone would agree to make 'lift spindles' for you... Him (the opposite of dropped spindles, duh) by cutting $ welding pieces of stock spindles.. some drop spindles for type 2:s are done like that. (Wagens West makes them, maybe you... He could ask them) Add adjustable front beam, and split window bus reduction boxes for the rear. Those came in two different ratios that I know of.

That should jack the whole thing up nicely. I already started one such project years ago, but since there was no place in Finland to legally drive one, I abandoned it.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

the 3" lift kit. Never tried this vendor before though.Andy

Reply to
Busman

Front lift spindles at

will have to navigate a little to find them. At least ball joint type are available. These give 3" of lift. Choose drum/disc brake.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Blind Chicken Racing also makes lift spindles, ball joint as well as link pin, it seems.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Very tempting... Not a bad price for what you get.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Not badly priced either.