P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

I got the following OBD code on my 2000 Rodeo:

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

At the same time the CHECK ENGINE light came on the low fuel light blinked. Fuel gage was reading somewhere below 1/4. I filled it up and it took 11 gallons, which makes me thing that the gage was reading somewhat low. I reset the code and it has been ok for 2 days. Anyone had this problem and found the cause?

Thanks

dawhey

Reply to
Dawhey

Just had my '04 Rodeo in for the same thing. My low fuel light was on and I could only put in about 12 1/2 gallons (19 1/2 gallon tank). Replaced the fuel pump assembly to fix it. we'll see if the fuel guage reads correctly now, after I drive it for a tank or so. I got screwed though on 2 points:

  1. How do I know that the whole fuel pump assembly had to be replaced and not just the sensing unit? (Part alone was 6).

  1. My Rodeo was only 400 miles out of warranty. Isuzu agreed to be nice (yeah, right) and cover half the cost of the part, but the labor alone was more.

Total charge for my repair: $463.26.

Dawhey wrote:

Reply to
wvusaf

Thanks for the feedback. This seems to be an intermittent problem, which happens when the fuel level is around 1/4 of a tank. It has happened once again. After a few starts the check engine light goes out, but the system retains the code. If it were a solid problem I am sure I could figure it out, but being intermittent the shotgun approach of just changing out parts can get expensive, as you have discovered.

I may hook a digital meter to the +5 vdc feed to the fuel level sensor and rig it where I can monitor it. If it stays within limits it is likely the gage unit.

All the best,

Dawhey

Reply to
Dawhey

I also have a 2000 Rodeo and I have the same issue, but mine is constant. My gas gauge never works. Thanks for the info... I think I might go ahead and try to fix mine now. :

"Dawhey" wrote

Reply to
wildheavn

I have a 2000 Rodeo that also has the same problem... OBD code P0463 (Fuel Level Sensor High Input). It started a few months back with the low fuel light and check engine light. My check engine light stays on and the fuel gage is not accurate. I was hoping to narrow down a fix before replacing the whole Fuel Pump Assbly. I had a P0401 (EGR Flow insufficent) OBD code also but don?t think it has to do with this other problem. I will post anything I find out.

"wildheavn" wrote: > I also have a 2000 Rodeo and I have the same issue, but mine > is constant. My gas gauge never works. Thanks for the > info... I think I might go ahead and try to fix mine now. :)

Reply to
Ron67