Spark plug shot out...

'89 Trooper 4 cyl. - 104K miles
The other night I was stopped at a traffic light when I heard a very loud bang. Come to find out the next morning that a spark plug was shot out of
it's seating. The threads were fine, so I figured that it just vibrated free - so I bought a new one and tried to screw it in - no joy, it just spins free.
Any suggestions?
schmen wrote:

A fix with a 'helicoil' Can be done in 15 minutes or so. Just ask your local dealer. Good luck, Erik-Jan.
Thanks! That worked like a champ!

Similar thing happened to me after a dealer service job. I thought i had blown a rod,i was out in the boonies in northern canada,i pulled over popped the hood, and the plug was still attached to the ditributer wire!! popped the plug back in and away i went.

schmen wrote:

Your welcome, Kind regards, Erik-Jan.