Trooper EGR

I'm getting P0405 code on my 98 Trooper 3.5L V6 (EGR pintle position sensor voltage low). It's set if within 10secs after ignition the sensor output does not go above 0.1V. (not sure what this implies... does the EGR valve
remain closed or open?)
I assume this could be damaged EGR valve or sensor itself, and will take car to mechanic to get this thing checked out (I'm hoping this could mean loose connection somewhere). However it's likely EGR valve replacement will be needed. Any recommendations on where to obtain one via mail order? There is no Isuzu dealership here in Europe where I am.
TIA, Peter