StrangeBeep Nosie

I have a 2001 S Type 4.0.

Occassionaly when I am driving and usually, when I am reducing speed by breaking or taking fast corners, I hear a strange beep. Its not from the parking controls as that comes form the rear of the car. This sound comes from around the steering column area. It is just one short - sharp beep. Its totally random, and I think more often than not I have noticed it when slowing down after travelling around 50 k's an hour.

I have been ignoring it but now its beggining to worry me. The sound is different to the ding the memory settings for the seats make. I would describe it more as a beep as opposed to a ding and it is different to the parking controls beep.

I use my every day and this is so random it might happen once in two days or maybe even 3.

Is there a feature that I don't know about or does anyone have any idea what this could be ?

Thanks

John

Reply to
John F. Kennedy

Sounds like traction or ABS alerting you. Check your owners manual, no, study it and I bet you'll find the answer. Sometimes you can select to tun on/off such features.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Before retiring last year, I was a test driver for Jaguar at their Arizona facility. Some of the earlier S-Types exhibited this same beeping noise. As I recall it was associated with making turns but I don't remember in which direction. We would write it up and the engineers would investigate but I'm not aware of any results or solutions. Didn't seem to get any worse and caused no problems down the road. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Reply to
marvin.dunn

No warning lights or associated degradation in performance is noticed....just this sharp, high pitched, medium volume and random beep. Driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is.

Reply to
John F. Kennedy