2001 CL Type S @ 70,000 miles?

The maintenance required light came on - I finally hit 70,000 miles. I took a job and I will have to drive alot more than I used to. What should I have done to the car at this point? Fuel filter?

Justin

The basics are in your owners manual. I seem to recall the 70K service just being basic stuff, which they often have a package price for. Of course, if you go to an acura dealer, they're going to find lots of little things to try to sell you, that'll add considerably to your bill.

Reply to
Yoda

Justin wrote in news:h01uii$m09$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

An oil change at the very least.

Go here:

Navigate to your car. Your Owner's Manual is there.

In that manual is the Maintenance Schedule that will tell you what the 70K service involves. The Manual also explains the behavior of that mysterious lamp on your dashboard.

Reply to
Tegger

Assuming that he's done the required maintenance before reaching 70K miles...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Yes, I have. I'm paranoid about having the car strand me like I have seen happen to all of my friends. What about the sparkplugs? Somebody I work with say after all this time they might need to be replaced. I do know how to reset the maintenance required light - there's a little mechanics shop down the street from where I live I go there and he usually forgets to reset that magical lamp.

Reply to
Justin