Speaking of Funny Tranny Action,

When I floor the gas pedal in my 06 LS430, the car sort of stops and then takes off. Why does it slow down first before taking off?

Reply to
mcbrue

Because they wanted the LS owners to experience the full "Lexus luxury" that ES owners have had for a few years now.

Welcome to the club. Just don't get into any situations that would require any sort of instant response from the car. Slow and easy is how it's supposed to work.

At least, I'm sure that's how Toyota's lawyers see it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On 21 Jan 2007 13:49:39 -0800, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

.it's trying to sync with your IQ.

Reply to
Max

Thanks Max - your help is deeply appreciated. Be sure to tell Lexus how incredibly happy you are with your jerking tranny. But don't try to sue anyone for anything after the speeding dump truck wipes you out while you sit there pressing on your accelerator. I was wondering if it is only my tranny or is there an adjustment or is the delay just built in or what. So I guess it is only my car from your reply. So I will just go in and have Lexus rebuild my tranny on your muffled reply - right?

Reply to
mcbrue

Drive it off a cliff and put yourself out of this misery.

Reply to
David Z

Reply to
eddie