bmw 525 td engine injection light fault

Hi, hope we can be helped, we changed our our engine in a bmw 525 td non intercooled, for an omega unit [same engine] we did a direct swap. But it wont fire at all with the dashboard injector light coming up b4 we start and during the start of the engine. We will try to replace the flywheel sensor on the left rear side of the engine ...if this doesnt work will have to pay for fault diagnosis....does any one know anything about this? engine is off a running omega[so the guy selling the car said, he breaks and shipps motors to the middle east].

email me on snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com if you lknow anything many thanks dave

Reply to
dkbastille

Did you swap the injection pump across between the engines?

There should be an immobilizer module on the pump, which will most likely be different between the bmw and gm engines. Even if it isn't different, it will still need to be programmed to match the vehicle. Easiest option would of been to swap the module across with the engines out, but it may be easier to swap injection pumps (the module will most likely be secured using security shear bolts).

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

ECU is coded to the injector pump. This will need swapping from old engine to new. (ensure you correctly time it after getting the engine started with a scan tool- timing is adjusted electronically)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..