2.1 TD Fan Fault

I have a 97 2.1 TD and seem to have an electric fan fault - I just cant get them to come on. (This is the GLX with climate control air con).

This model has 2 fans. Should they both come on together and vary speed according to temp or should one come on supplemented by the other at higher temps? When testing the relays can someone remind me which numbered terminals you apply 12v across please!

Lastly where is the bitron sensor? If I short out the plug to the sensor and the fans run I assume the problem is with the bitron?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Mark

When I changed the coolant on mine (GLX with climate), I kept the car ticking over for about an hour and couldn't get the fan to come on. I was winter time though. Maybe these cars need to be very hot for the fan o come on.

Neil

Reply to
Neil D