low speed miss

My stock '97 has developed a low speed miss. Car has 69k on odometer. Runs fine otherwise. What is most likely the cause, plugs or wires. Plugs have about 12K on them, wires may be orig. don't know as I'm 3rd owner and got the car w/ 56k on it. Thanks.

Reply to
mcola

Almost certainly the wires, and they have probably been replaced before at least once. The miata eats them up pretty fast.

The plugs are probably fine at 12K, but no reason not to check them. One of the nice things about having only 4 cylinders.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Might be wires, they're easy to check. Park the car somewhere very dark some night and raise the hood with the engine running. You'll see some sparking if the wires are bad.

Reply to
XS11E