3 speed

any experiences on Mazda-3 speed group of cars?

Reply to
nntp.fuse.net

SNIP!

I think you will find the "3" came from their earlier model # 323 or Protege as it was also called.

Glad you like it though. A son had the 323 (97) and another had the 626 (98) and they ran both into the ground. Good service considering they were used when they got them and as High School/ College students they really hardly kept up with any maintenance.

I am back in heaven though in my 83 RX-7. Rotary power foreever!

Reply to
Kerry

Well, the history within Mazda goes back decades... so I'm not sure of your guess.

Before the Mazda 3 and the Mazda 6, was the Mazda 323 and the Mazda 626 (and also the Mazda 929 for awhile).

Now the Mazda 323 used to be the Mazda GLC at the same time there was a Mazda 626 on the market.

So, I'd almost say that the Mazda 323 was named as sort of 1/2 of the Mazda 626... Not literally, but symbolically.

Back when it was WANKEL cars, you had RX-2, RX-3, etc.

Anyway, I feel the "3" came from "323" which came from "626" and so I feel the current Mazda Speed 3 doesn't really owe it's name to the "3" series BMW line.

Reply to
Anonymous

the soul trouble the senses, and make false impressions upon them. They rival each other in falsehood and deception.

But besides those errors which arise accidentally and through lack of intelligence, with these heterogeneous faculties...

  1. The imagination enlarges little objects so as to fill our souls with a fantastic estimate; and, with rash insolence, it belittles the great to its own measure, as when talking of God.

  1. Things which have most hold on us, as the concealment of our few possessions, are often a mere nothing. It is a nothing which our imagination magnifies into a mountain. Another turn of the imagination would make us discover this without difficulty.

  2. My fancy makes me hate a croaker, and one who pants when eating. Fancy has great weight. Shall we profit by it? Shall we yield to this weight because it is natural? No, but by resisting it...

  1. Nae iste magno conatu magnas nugas dixerit.[14]

583.[15] Quasi quidquam infelicius sit homini cui sua figmenta dominantur.[16]

  1. Children who are frightened at the face they have blackened are but children. But how shall one who is so weak in his childhood become really strong when he grows older? We only change our fancies. All that is made perfect by progress perishes also by progress. All that has been weak can never become absolutely strong. We say in vain, "He has grown, he has changed"; he is also the same.

  2. Custom is our nature. He who is accustomed to the faith believes in it, can no longer fear hell, and believes in nothing else. He who is accustomed to believe that the king is terrible... etc. Who doubts, then, that our soul, being accustomed to see number, space, motion, believes that and nothing else?

  1. Quod crebro videt non miratur, etiamsi cur fiat nescit; quod ante non viderit, id si evenerit, ostentum esse censet.17

  2. Spongia solis.--When we s
Reply to
Anonymous