Mazda 3???

Well, I might be selling a piece of property I own, and will have a few bucks. It isn't worth much but is in a prime location but has been rendered unbuildable by all the zoning.

So, I will have enough to either pay the taxes on the house for the next

25 years, or buy a car and get rid of a lot of my 'collection'.

Or, should I FIX the collection for about 1/3 of the cost of a new car?

In the running:

Matrix, preferably AWD or, perhaps, an XRs Scion tC, although I could use the functionality of a wagon Subaru Impreza Sport, AWD and a wagon, but the prices of Subies have gone through the roof!

Or, a Mazda 3, probably a 3-door hatch. Everything I used to like about my older Toys, and at a decent price, too. And they are all built in Japan, a BIG consideration for me! The Subies are 50/50, the tC is Japanese, and the Matrix is Canadian only.

Or, i could save a few bucks, get a Vibe, and replace the Delcos when they blow out in 3-5 years...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you keep the land, it's value will increase over time. Why not you invest the $$$ in something that will make you a profit over time. Mutual fund, maybe. Or another piece of land.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

I had 2 Subaru's in 95. The first was an Impreza and it was so buzzy I traded it for a Legacy wagon after a few months. The ac on the legacy was inadequate and the AT was variable in that you never knew if you would get up and go when you hit the gas or not. Great suspension and handling but engine was a bit inadequate. I guess it was the extra weight of the 4 wheel drive. Latter Subaru's have headgasket problems which may or may not have been resolved depending on who you talk to. Interior fabric and door panels were garbage. But it did not rattle. One door panel had to be replaced under warranty because a hole wore in it probably from dirt in the plastic mold. Another panel was on its way out when I traded the car. Depreciation on Subarus used to be quite bad. Even though windows had no frames they sealed extremely well. The car was a strange mix of extremely nice engineering/manufacturing and crap.

Reply to
Art

Mazda reputation is pretty bad. Look at edmunds. The new RX7 has a ton of problems with the rotary engine. I have never seen a Mazda work longer than

5 years trouble free, and this includes the 929 that I owned in Japan - it was nothing but crap. Subaru is a nice car, especially the STI, but that liberal stigma when buying one is worse than buying a volvo.
Reply to
Dan J.S.

Totally forgot about Honda, didn't I?

I can get a Civic coupe right in my range.

For about $2500 more, I can get a 4 cyl Accord Coupe.

Reply to
Hachiroku

But I live in New England. We ALL own Subies!

Reply to
Hachiroku