107 Neutral switch removal question

I need to replace the neutral/park safety switch on my tranny...can't start in Park anymore. Took a look at it today....Can somebody share the secret
of how you get that thing off without dropping the transmission?
This is the metal version with integral backup light switch style...
Gary
sure it is the switch and not the linkage been a little sloppy or in need of a slight adjustment?
the case, minus a few cans!