Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nagging transmission issue, '79 123
Something that's bothered me from time to time, like any time I'm trying to accelerate, is that the change from second to third gear seems to happen really early. If I'm under full throttle load and...
4
4

Where do I find the overload relay on a 500 SL 107 ?
My 1982 500 SL won't start (again). I found out it won't fire (no sparks at the plugs). As I disconnected the battery very often last weeks, maybe the overload relay has gone. I tried to check for it...

audio 20 aux
i want to add an auxillay input to my mercedes c180 audio 20 head unit. does anyone know how to do this? will an auxillary just plug in the back, if so how do you remove the radio. does it require a...

Fuel pump relay
I recently bought a fuel pump relay on EBay to use as a backup. Supposed to work on a 560 but did not. The relay is labeled 002 545 16 05, 8 Zyl, 6000/min, KVS Kickdown. How can I find out what this...
2
2

97 E420 rear power windows
Hi All, I have a 97 E420 MBz and have had the second rear window operation fail. The regulator mechanism (cables, etc.) failed. The rear right window failed about 2-1/2 years ago. The window mechanism...
7
7

Commute to work survey
Hello, I am conducting research related to people's attitudes towards their commute to work or school. I am writing to invite you to take a web-based survey which will take about 20 minutes to...

'72 350SL...back seat-belt?
Hi Group. I have just purchased a 1972 350SL, the hard/soft top 2 seater. There is a small area behind the two seats that would hold my daughter if there was a seat belt in the back. Anyone have any...
3
3

1984 300D transmission gearshift prevents starter to engage
I recently bought a 1984 300D. I have noticed I can move the gear shift (US auto) up and down without the car started. I believe you shouldn't be able to do this. Also where reverse is located the...
11
11

Custom floor liners for GL450?
I am having a terrible time finding all-weather mats for my 07 GL450...ideally looking for one piece for second and third rows, two pieces for front. Suggestions?
2
2

'93 300e - stubborn power seat problem
The recline buttons for the power seats sometimes don't work. I'm thinking its the button(s) not the seat motors. The passenger seat can curl all the way up, then after maybe trying to recline it 200...

'93 300e sagging headliner
Does anyone have advice for fixing a sagging headliner ? I assume I could get a new one, have it installed..... I think the fabric is separating from the headliner-form.... Thanks Roy

Clutch job on 83 240 D
I'm doing a clutch job on my 83 240 D because the throwout is squeaking and there's no free play in the pedal. I was gonna replace the pressure plate, throwout and lining. Is there anything else that...

1989 Mercedes 300E A/C Speed Sensor
Does anyone know the procedure for replacing an A/C speed sensor on a 1989 300E? I know it's located on the back of the comrpessor and that's it. I have a new manual coming in the mail but it's not...
4
4

How do I get these crazy power seats to move back and forward on my 1982 300sd?
I have no experience working on Mercedes autos, so when I bought a used 1982 300sd which had no owners manual with it, I was stumbling upon the correct actions needed to move the power mirrors, ac...
1
1

Hand Held GPS
Hi. I am taking up fell as I live near the Lake District. Can anyone give me some idea as to a good Hand held GPS to use. Thx in advance
2
2