Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Glow plug test
I think I may have a glow plug out. I have an '83 300sd, and I have some odd colored smoke. It smells like biodiesel, and I think maybe a cylinder is out? How do I test the plugs, and wires?
3
3

Will these wheels work?
As much as is written on the subject I should feel confident enough to figure out an answer but I a bit shaky. Here goes; '04 CL 17" AMG wheels on my '92 300D? JD
4
4

Outside Temperature Display
Hi Folks - The outside temperature display that appears on the dash with the odometer and time displays has gone out. Nothing. Is this a complicated (expensive) repair, or should I just do without it....
10
10

Hi Folks
Hi Folks - AM radio reception is terrible in my 1998 E320. It is an aftermarket radio. I understand this is a common complaint with Mercedes. Is there anything that can be done? Also, where is the...
10
10

5-Speed 190D to !90E
There is an advertisement for a five speed from a 1986 190D. It states that it SHOULD fit a 190E. Is this right? Is the 2.3 transmission the same as the 2.6 transmission? If so, besides linkage, will...
1
1

where is good place to get driver door latch assy for *93 500sel?
hello, my friend has a 1993 500sel, it's got the doors that have a mechanism that closes them when you pull them close to the car. the driver door latch assy is bad as per the mechanic. mechanic says...
1
1

Looking for 3rd row seat for 2003 ML350
Grey color.
1
1

C Class LCD display problem
My 2000 c-kompressor has a problem with the yellow digital display where some of the numerals are either faded or had disappeared. The display is better on some days than othere but there's no...
1
1

E240 adaptation erasing
Hi, Does anyone know if there is some trick to erase transmission computer adaptation for 1998 E240? It can be done with special equipment but how about without it. Reg: Harri
1
1

'79 W123 300TD ShutOff Valve
The car's taken a second or so to shutdown ever since I got it about nine months ago (wow the time flies). While running heav's suggestion of the miracle oil in a tank of diesel, the shutoff...
9
9

bad start in a mercedes 380 se 1984
I have a start prolem in my 84=B4 380 SE (USA version) whith 100, 000 miles In cold conditions,( in the morning),it starts perfectly,but, when you stop the car after a trip, the temp gauge reads 85=BA...
2
2

'81 300SD ignition switch
Hi all, I picked up an 81 300SD that had ignition switch problems. To get the air conditioner to work, you had to wiggle the key. Ok, no problem, replace the ignition switch... After hours of messing...
6
6

Odd air conditioning behaviour
The A/C on my '95 E320 has started to act up a bit. The compressor shuts down if it is parked for a while in a hot location or if it has to sit for a while at a stop light when it is hot outside. If I...
3
3

no dash light and blower on 107 SL
On my 500 SL (type 107), the dash lights, odometer (I suppose it is electronic on a 500 SL) and blower (automatic climate control unit) are not working. I checked the fuses, the rheostat in the dash...
1
1

1990 300E Stalls or sputters when accelarating
I just found this site, and you guys seem to be giving really sound advice. Here is one that has stumped my mechanic.. (he refuses to charge me if he can't solve the problem, but he has run out of...
2
2