1986 190 - Good car for college student?

I'm going back to finish my degree and am looking for something cheap but reliable to drive for the school year. I will be storing my Porsche 944 as the car is too nice to subject to a school parking lot. There is a 1986
190 for sale locally with the 2.3 I-4, 117,000 miles for $2900/bo. Are these pretty solid cars? For a Benz, that seems like low miles, and if the quality is any where near my 86 Porsche, i'll bet it has lots of life left in it.
Just looking for some opinions.
Paddington wrote:

I own a 1986 190E., 2.3 with 192,000 miles on the odometer. Mercedes is sending me a medallion as a reward for High Mileage! The engine has never been repaired but it has been well maintained. If you buy the car, make sure that the front suspension is OK and that any worn parts have been replaced.
Coincidentally, I also had a 1985 Porsche 944 with automatic transmission that was rear-ended on the I405 in LA.
That's alot of money for a used car...