87 190

got offered 87 190 w/ 126k for $1200. AC not cold, but heat and defrost blows hot all settings.Antenna doesnt' move, but doors/windows ok. good body/int, runs ok, no noises or drips.reasonable for daily driver? any other things to beware of?

Reply to
dustoff67

The mileage is really low for an 87... You must understand that if you buy this car, your repair bill will be alot more than what you paid for that car.

Steering wheel... any freeplay?

Any clunking noise when you drive over bumps at moderate speed?

Does steering wheel jerk when you enter a ramp into driveway?

Engine temperature at 85 degree and pegged there? On highway, is the temperature at 80? Local driving and stopping... does the temperature stay at about 90?

Oil pressure... pegged at 3 when driving or whenever you blipped the throttle and hold? Does the oil pressure stay above 1 when at idle and hot engine?

Does the rear end sound like roaring when on highway?

Any coolant leak?

Does the car start up easy cold? hot? hot after waiting 15 minutes?

Anything parts that look new inside the engine compartment?

How dirty is the oil when you pull out the dipstick? Level between the two red marks?

Reply to
Tiger

Sounds like a pretty good deal if all the mechanicals are sqaure...

I would check the front end a bit and maybe try the sunroof too...

I paid 2700$(US) for My '86 190e(110K) a few months ago, and am very happy with it to date.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Hmmm, my car kind of does this? what does it mean Obi Wan?

Marty

PS A visual exam of the front end seemed to be AOK.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Clunking noise as you go over the bump test the front end... would means those ball joints shot at the steering tie rods... possibly bad strut.

Reply to
Tiger