2000 CLK not shifting back to park

I got in my 2000 CLK 320 and started it went to put it in reverse and it would not go into reverse. I turned to car off and stated in again put it in reverse while my foot was on the brake and it went into
reverse. Went from reverse to drive and it did shift all still while by foot was on the brake I then went to put it back into park and the gear shift would not go back to park as far as it would go was in nuteral I then turned the car off while in drive and then I was able to put it in park with the key in. Any ideas as what needs to be done.
Let the dealer fix this...maybe something wrong with the shifter linkage underneath the car by the tranny.