2005 SLR McLaren for Sale

Page 2 of 2
Ahh,memories ;-)

ha! good one!! Though the sunroof works quite fine in my 1981 300D :-)
What kind of trade in value can I get on the SLR for my 1981 300D? Is my car worth at least a SLR door handle? ROFL!!!
cp

Now I am puzzled...... if you work at a dealership that has the SLR and it has never been titled, I can only assume that you work as a salesman at a Merceds-Benz dealership. Correct so far?
If yes, then when was the last and ONLY time you ever saw a USA 1986 300D?
In the USA, the 300D was brought in as a 123 body in 1985. This was the last year of the 123 body in the USA. In 1985, US sales were 17,754 cars. The 123 was replaced in 1986 by the 124 body. BUT a diesel was NEVER offered in the USA. It was not until 1987 that the 300D was offered and it was only for one year, 1987. 9,293 cars were sold.
Now if you deal in grey market cars, I don't have a clue as to what you are selling. But right now you sound like a fertilizer salesman with a mouthful of your own product.

ah HA! You got 'im! "-)
cp

deal then.

I guess they would probably also be too dumb to figure out how to post here or read this.
Marty
No need to be sarcastice. No one solicited the car from you. You should have indicated in your first post that you work for a dealership. That would have avoided the many questions which were asked.
It is logical and reasonable for people to be curious about someone with such and expensive, and is offering it online, and further indicating that it was never titled.
===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I meant sarcastic not sarcastice
===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
Buckshop LeFunk wrote:

especially since the SLR is supposed to be sold out well in advance. Is it possible that the person who ordered it decided to stick the dealer with it?
That was the question to ask.
Still, I would happily help him out if he could work out the financing...., although now I want the 2006......
.