Re: 2008 Mercedes McLaren SLR Roadster

It says not limited to 250 km/h. Can reach 325 km/h.

Any price estimate?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

No (cite from MB press material): "... The maximum speed of the new high-performance sports car, which is powered by an AMG V8 compressor engine delivering 460 kW/626 hp, is 332 km/h, therefore at the same high level as the coupé. ..." (cite end)

Aaaaah, nutpicking can be fun... ;-)))))

And for comparison: SLR Coupe 334 km/h, SLR Coupe 722 Edition (= 650 PS) 337 km/h.

No official price announced yet, but "usually reliable sources" say here in Germany 415.000 Euro net, plus 19 percent German VAT that would be 493.850 Euro. Delivery will begin in September.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

...and the Bugatti Veyron is good for 400km/h with something like 1000 horsepower from its W16.

Frankly I'm not entirely sure how you could ever drive this fast. Even on ultra-straight roads it seems that the curvature of the earth would get in the way of being able to see far enough ahead to stop. We're talking one American football field (100 yards ~= 90m) travelled before you could even touch the brake pedal.

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket