300D Drivetrain Rumbling

On my 1985 300D I detect a rumbling when I unload the drivetrain (neither accelerating or decelerating, just holding neutral rpm's). I notice it when driving at normal speeds (55). Could it be the
driveshaft carrier? Gary C
I would say it is more of engine or tranny mounts rather than drivetrain. Also check your flex disc.
Is the 1985 300D exhaust similar to the 1983 300SD exhaust system? If so, check the rubber donuts used to hold the whole thing in place. We got the rumbling sound when the donuts started to rot out and left only one or two in place.
Replaced the donuts and rumble went away.
Paul