300D Electrical Sliding Roof

My sliding roof would not open with the electrical switch and I suspected my roof rails needed lubrication, so I opened the roof manually, applied approved Mercedes-Benz lubricant, then closed the
roof with the electrical switch. It operated normally. However, the roof will not open electrically. It will close fine, but not open.
Any information about why the roof moves one way but not the other will be appreciated.
I would say you need to take the switch apart and clean all the conacts. If not, buy new switch.
I just did all my car windows... geez... they will open the windows kinda slowly, but the three windows will not go up without fiddling... So I took it all apart, rub the contacts clean and put it back together...
Now, all windows opens fast and close fast with absolute authority..

I'll do that, as nothing else has worked, and it does act like that one side of the switch is the culprit.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

Don't know about this particular switch, but having taken many of them apart to clean, be careful, be very careful. Most of them have fiddly little springs and contacts under tension. Without the spring or a wrong bend in the lever, you just have a piece of junk. Cleaning contacts can be done and it is usually the oxide on the surface that is the problem. A simple spray with Contact Cleaner (see Radio Shack) or a little LIGHT filing is all that is needed. If that doesn't do it, I suggest a new switch.
Chip

This is exactly why I was reluctant to go into the switch panel and was hoping (as always) for a simple, miracle cure. My recollection of the labyrinth behind the burlwood in this case is that I might be able to clean the switch contacts without having to dismantle the switches.
Thanks, again!
It is not hard at all. geez.
Tiger wrote:

Never said it was hard, just be careful. Tiny components have a tendency to get lost or broken, at least in my hands.
Chip

Me, too.

I second these opinions. Its really easy to take them apart. Use a towel (white preferably for contrast) and make sure that when you open the switch, that its pointed at the towel to catch any flying springs, or steel balls. I clean mine with a red pencil eraser. This gets just enough corrosion off of them with out taking any metal with it, or changing the shape of the metal (as a file might do). You may also get better results if you flip one of the metal contacts 180 degrees. If this doesn't make sense when you get it open, I'll post some pictures explaining it. I did this for one of my windows switches that was acting up, and it seemed to help.

Will do. I hate switches, but will tackle this and clean everything up.
Thanks again.