VW Golf Cabriolet - Electrical Roof Knackered

first time on this group so "Hi" to all.

I have a couple of questions:

  1. is there a FAQ I need to read

I have a VW Golf Cab (96/97) and the electrical/hydraulic roof has just packed up (it wont open, rather than it wont shut - phew! ;->). The sound of the motor (or whatever) is quieter than it was but it still seems to be running. Can anyone tell me:

  1. If the roof can be opened/closed manually on the electrical/hydraulic model without causing a problem?
  2. Is it likely that the motor has burnt out?
  3. How much does this kind of thing cost to repair?
  4. Anyone recommend someone to look at it in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area?

Cheers

AP

Reply to
Wor Tony

Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

No responses .......

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I had a look in the boot and the hydraulic fluid looks to have all drained away. There's a little bit around under the reservoir so I guess it may have a leak. SWMBO is taking it to a garage tomorrow so hopefully all should be well (it was great driving today in the 30+ temp with the roof up!).

Cheers

AP

Reply to
Wor Tony

Hello? Hello? Is there anybody there?

The next gripping instalment in the tale of "VW Golf Cabriolet - Electrical Roof Knackered" is about to unfold.......

SWMBO took the Golf to Golf dealer who filled up the reservoir with fluid and charged £7.20.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you all know what happens.

Thanks for reading

AP

Reply to
Wor Tony