300E A/C Suddenly Blows Hot Air

My 1987 300E air conditioning has begun to suddenly go from cold air to blowing really hot air. Turn it off for a bit then it will again blow cold air when turned on. One time I accelerated and after a half block
or so it returned to cold air. One time as I let off the accelerator to slow for a turn and it started blowing hot air. Speed sensor? Does a bad monovalve have any affect on the air conditioning?
Pete Cowper 1987 300E Visalia, California
Your refrigerant level is low... you need to charge it up.