87 300E Cold Start problem

After reading up on Mercedes Cold Start issues, here is what I have replaced without any improvement of the condition!
Fuel injectors Fuel filter Fuel Accumulator
Fuel Regulator Fuel Distributor Fuel Pump Check Valve Cold Start Value Water temp sensor
Checked for leaks around fuel pumps.
The longer the car sits, the harder it is to start.
1 to 2 hours, starts quickly 6 to 8 hours, requires cranking for 4-6 times @ 5-6 seconds per crank.
what else could it be?
it cannot be the relay issue, due to sitting time differences. Also while at stop light, sometimes if I dump the pedal it will sputter and die if I don't ease off the pedal. But once RPMs get a little higher(like on the highway), I can dump the pedal and it runs great.
Sounds like you need to check for current at the EHA. Sounds like no cold or accel enrichement. Sounds like an electronic problem. I'd replace the ECU. (Facetious) Then, I'd check the 25 cent fuse on top of the OL relay. Of course, relays fail as well.
No current = no power = no control.
On 20 Oct 2003 23:04:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Douglas) wrote:

I'll guess the OVP relay; either the fuse or the relay itself. If that's not working, you lose the elec. for cold start fuel mixture richening, which will cause the problems you describe.
Good luck and give us some feedback on what you found that solved the problem.
Joe