88 420 SEL No Heat Just Cold Air/Service & Repair Manuals

I have an 88 420 SEL that started blowing cold air from vents....all vent systems seem to be operating properly and the temp display over the steering column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?

Would also like to purchase the service and repair manuals for this auto, I have all owners manuals and service guide that came with the vehicle where it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source? Thanks for any help Tim

Reply to
mercmerc

systems seem to be operating properly and the temp display over the steering column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?

I have all owners manuals and service guide that came with the vehicle where it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source?

Reply to
Rockman59

Thanks Rockman59, I will be looking into this on Saturday, it is still winter in Ohio.......that heat will feel good!! Tim

Reply to
mercmerc

and
Good luck. Joanne

systems seem to be operating properly and the temp display over the steering column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?

I have all owners manuals and service guide that came with the vehicle where it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source?

Reply to
JoAnne

Thanks JoAnne, I got a lot of good stuff from there. Tim

Reply to
mercmerc