88 420 SEL No Heat Just Cold Air/Service & Repair Manuals

I have an 88 420 SEL that started blowing cold air from vents....all vent systems seem to be operating properly and the temp display over the steering
column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?
Would also like to purchase the service and repair manuals for this auto, I have all owners manuals and service guide that came with the vehicle where it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source? Thanks for any help Tim
I think there is a unit called the "mono valve" that could be your problem. Check that first. ___________________________________________

column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?

it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source?

Thanks Rockman59, I will be looking into this on Saturday, it is still winter in Ohio.......that heat will feel good!! Tim
http://tinyurl.com/2jfbj and
http://tinyurl.com/27clo
Good luck. Joanne

column is working ok, any ideas on the fix, is it a sensor or the whole temp control unit, how can I test without a diagnostic tester quickly available. The T-stat was just recently changed before I bought the car, any help?

it had been stamped as being serviced by MB dealer in Lexington, KY plus all service records and reciepts for oil changes and brakes and that type of info. Would ebay be a reliable source?

Thanks JoAnne, I got a lot of good stuff from there. Tim