2003 kia sorento no heat

have no heat and can?t find any repair info or manuals

Reply to
boatops

Things to check first:

*Coolant level (may sound obvious, but never hurts); *Thermostat (my bet on what is wrong);

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Rev. Tom, Changed thermostat and replaced coolant. I seem to get heat while driving. At stops or idle NO HEAT. Saw a lot of complaints about overflow reservoir. I?m thinking water control valve to heater core if I can find it,or a collapsing hose, last thought is bad water pump impeller.

"Rev. Tom Wenndt" wrote: > Things to check first:

Reply to
boatops

Yes, those are the next places to go. Unless it is about time for the timing belt to be changed, you might want to hope it isn't something with the water pump. But if it is, make sure you replace the timing belt anyway.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

I'm not a mechanic but all this talk about timing belts and pumps is scary. Think it through in steps, is the car overheating ? No ? You can eliminate the pump, belts , electrical system , Obama and squirrels nesting for the winter. There are two hoses that go to the car interior ( add 2 more for the ac if you have one) if they are warm when the engine is running the water is circulating through them from the engine so the water level is ok. Next is why is there no heat in the interior.?

Reply to
Phil

Phil, I can?t see to feel heater hoses for warmth. I can?t find a repair manual which would help. Blend door seems to check out. Because I do get some heat while driving I?m thinking a loose W/P belt (but no squeal noise) or W/P impeller is worn and pushes more water with higher RPM. Ordered a Shop Manual from Kia still waiting. My bet is a stuck water control valve if I can get to it easy.

Reply to
boatops

The water control valves are usually on the firewall ( if it has one ) my daughters Ford had heat circulating through the heater core continuously. I need to pop the hood on my Rio today before winter sets in, I'll take a look at mine.

Reply to
Phil