Alarm on a 1989 300SEL

I can't disable the alarm. Thought it might be my five year old battery. Replaced it and still can't disable the alarm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I say "disable", I mean It went off this morning and I can't shut it off with the key. Any Idea's?
Yeah, it happens. Either pay for a repair (usually the tow sensor) or just disable it (take off your front passenger floor mat, the carpeting (aka lower floor mat) and take off that plastic floorboard. You will see a large multi-pin connector, unplug it. Richard