Disable Peugeot 807 car alarm

Does anyone know how to permanently disable a Peugeot 807 car alarm

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Wire cutters...

Reply to
Roger Wilson

Very funny - I don't think it is a good idea because some clever or not so clever onboard computer may not like it.

Is there some way of disabling it without doing too much damage

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

I think the O/P was asking if you wouldn't you be far better off finding the fault and repairing it rather than requesting a bodge to fudge the problem?

Reply to
The Tank

I think that Roger was asking if you wouldn't you be far better off finding the fault and repairing it rather than requesting a bodge to fudge the problem?

Reply to
The Tank

But is there actually a problem or does the OP habitually leave a dog in the car and finds it a bind to go through the handbook's disabling proceedure each time he locks it?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

"R N Robinson" wrote in message > But is there actually a problem or does the OP habitually leave a dog in the

The OP can confirm that the alarm goes off sometimes without any apparent reason - dog or no dog in the car. Also the handbook says if you leave a dog in the car you press a button before closing the driver's door to disable the internal ultrasonic sensors but this usually has no effect and the alarm goes off anyway every time the dog moves. I don't wan to spend serious money for a main dealer to repair or replace the alarm but hope to find a cheap solution to turn it off altogether. On my previous Peugeot 806 this was possible by using the ignition switch under the bonnet to turn off the alarm sounder and I could cope wit just headlights flashing if the alarm came on. This switch is not present on the newer 807 model. I would consider sticking foam pads over the sensors to stop them working but I am not sure if this would even work.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

For which I hope you will inform your insurance company that you have done.

Reply to
Great Uncle Bulgaria

With my 807 I find that I have to press that button for a few seconds until the little light on the top of the dash (which you can't see if you're pressing the button) shows a steady red and then lock the car using the key to reliably render the alarm dog-proof, which is a ridiculous arrangement. Why the chap who came up with it was ever put in a position where he could inflict it upon his employers' customers is something that only the employers know - it's a complete mystery to me.

Regarding the alarm setting itself off for no reason, make sure the electrical contacts on the sliding doors and the corresponding ones on the pillars are really clean. We used to have a lot of trouble with our 806 because these regularly objected to being wiped by a wet Golden Retriever as he climbed in or out and in protest would suddenly decide the door was open whether it was or not. The 807 is less sensitive in this respect, but the possibilty is still there, so I still carry a can of contact cleaner.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

"R N Robinson" wrote in message

Thanks you Ron for this helpful suggestion. I had given up on this post and only saw your reply today. I will try this and monitor the results. I had no idea of this and wondered where you got it from. I guess that locking with the key does not set the alarm properly and also stops the deadlock engaging.

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

I found the proceedure with the alarm button and the key somewhere in the Driver's Handbook (it's that thing that the first owner always keeps so that the next ones never find out half of what they need to know). However the index never quite lists what you're looking for so I doubt if I could find it again - but it works with my car and dog combination and I haven't tried varying it by using the remote instead. If you had been on the end of the withering look that a Golden Retriever gives you when he has been sitting in a car with the alarm going off for some time you wouldn't either.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson