Alternator Light?

Hi Gang,
I have an '86 190 European model.
An orange light in the cluster on the far right is flashing occaisonally, and this light has no markings. Coincidentally, I have a lot of
squeaking that seems to be coming from the alternator.
Problem is that my shop manual doesn't show an orange light in this location, particularily one that isn't marked.
Anyone know if the European models had an alternator light in conjunction with the battery warning light?
If not my only assumption is that this light was put in the wrong spot and belongs in the ABS indicator position, which is right beside it. I know that the dash had been removed at some point in it's life.
Thanks!
It is possible it is put in wrong location. Check your alternator with a voltmeter... anything above 13.5 at idle is good.
Squeaking is belt... if it is old, time to replace it.
Thanks for the advice, Tiger. Belt is brand new. Don't think it could be old bearings in the alternator causing the noise?