Buying Small Parts for '83 240D

Hi O Knowledgeable Ones :-)

I have trouble finding some smaller parts at the usual online outlets.

For example:

1 Rubber duct that guides the air through the 2 center ducts in the dash panel. PN 123 832 09
  1. It looks like a wierd pair of shorts or a tiny swim suit. One required.

2 Air vent PN 123 830 02 54. There are two of these - one on each end of the dash panel. This vent is fixed to the dash panel by a piece with a short collar and a chrome plated ring that stays outside the panel. It has no part number, so I assume that it is part of Item 2. One required

The MBZ instructions for treating this part were something like "pull the air hose off the vent." Well I did, and instead of the hose coming off the vent, the vent stayed on the hose and it pulled the vent out of the dash panel, breaking two of the four catches off the collar/chrome ring piece that stayed in the dash panel.

3 Other small items like the steel screws that hold the two panels over the feet area to the dash panel, the steel clips that slide up the edge of the panel and hold those srews and, finally, the little brown caps with 2 flimsy catches for hiding the heads of the same screws at the front of the dash panel. There was a number on these: PN 123 988 00 35, though the right 0 was a bit blurred. I'd take a small pack of these.

Suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
RF

Dealer item only... MB would have them in stock... need to be ordered at your local dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

OK, Thanks Tiger,

I sent Rusty an email about the acoustic padding for inside the dash panel and he said I would have to buy the whole dash panel with the padding in place - a bit like having to buy a bicycle to get a pump.

Another item was: The flap in the center console air vent with number: 90 705 20 797 needs only a replacement for the thin sponge layer that is disintegrating.

Here was the response to that:

"Like the dash that is not sold separately. you would have to buy a whole evaporator."

I'm not sure what he was thinking of - there is no evaporator in my car.

Have a great "what's left" of the weekend :-)

Reply to
RF

Evaporator is for the AC... you don't have any AC?

Heck, if you are gonna do your whole dash, you should do everything before putting it back together.

You might want to go to pick a part yard to see if you can score what you needs. In CA, seems to be alot of W123s in the yard.

Reply to
Tiger

I have used parts. Does your item 2 have the flaps that can stop air flow? No brown caps though. Let me know.

These cars are fairly common in salvage yards. Try craigslist too.

Reply to
Commuter

No web site. I am just trying to help a fellow w123 owner. I have some parts from when I installed a crack free dash.

I am surprised that your part broke. It is much stronger than the assembly with the valve of which I broke several locking tabs.

Reply to
Commuter