CLK seats sticking

We have a wonderful CLK 200 (2005), however the front seats are very difficult to open to get into the back seats. The lever to open them does not appaear to relese the catch unless you put all your weight
onto the fornt seat to push it down at the same time as pulling up the lever. Given is it my kids who use the back and they are not strong enough to do this proceedure, it is very annoying. Any ideas from anyone as to who to solve this ? Many thanks.
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/CLK-seats-sticking-ftopict247262.html
donmc wrote:

Are the seats electrical or mechanical? i.e. are they driven by small motors underneath, with switches on the doors or elsewhere??
Do you have a manual? If not, maybe you could download it from
http://www.mbusa.com/index.do
Good luck!
Do you mean to release the catch to let the back (of the front seat) lean forward? Do you have the problem on both seats?
Maybe it is just 'levering technique'?
I tend to push the lever up (I have a 2001 CLK Cab).
Can be awkward. The family has had minor difficulties at times.
DAS
"RF" < snipped-for-privacy@NoDen.con> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...