CLK 320

Any CLK 320 owners out there? I'm strongly considering getting a 2005 320 coupe. The reviews have been mixed. How does it handle? I know it would be
different from the BMW 330 I'm leaving but it (the MB) is IMO much better looking, both inside and out.
--
Alan

I have it. It is a 2003 CLK 3200 Elegance. Very good for details, quality and look Vote 9. The comfort is great vote 9. Compared with a BMW the handling is softer; vote 6.5 and also the engine is pretty soft, vote 6. Overall I'm satisfied, but I think that the new 2005 engines (they are rady for our european market, for USA I don't know) will be better. If you prefer a relaxed GT is ok, if you want a real sport car look somewhere else.
Ciao
Alex
www.artofvenice.com

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm really hung up on this. I plan to test drive the 320 as well as the new BMW 3's which my dealer should have in shortly. I don't want the idrive in the BMW but the dash is so boring and Spartan without it.And the new CLK 350 will not be around until about Sept.
--
Alan

I also have a 2003, and agree with Alex's assessment, though maybe a half point higher on the handling and the engine. I'm glad I have it.
The BMW definitely has a sportier feel to the drive. But, it also feels much smaller, and that was a significant factor to the decision.
Andy
in article BE71FF12.D3BF0% snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net, ajb723 at snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote on 3/31/05 4:25 PM:

Correct. My votes for the BMW are higher for the engines and handling, but for the other factors (interior quality and look, comfort, design) the MB is so much metter, that I prefer by far the CLK. Buy Mercedes...
Alex

320
would be

better
rady
test
and
Sept.
FWIW I have a 2001 CLK 320 Cab, a somewhat different car. I like it, been happy with it so far.
My question is, why would anyone spend lots of extra money on a two-door car?
For me there have to be special reasons, in my case the ragtop. I do like the look of the CLK Coup but I am not sure I would buy one. A suitable C-Class or E-Class is much more useful.
DAS
"AL69" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:424d1c51$0$8066$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tiscali.it...
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:43:04 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

    That's always been the way; it seems to make the car seem more elegant or exclusive, especially when it's a Mercedes, and 2 doors really cleans up the lines of a car as far as design. None of which explains the outrageous price differential between, say, the CLK320 and the C320.     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black
"E Brown" < snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The CLK is the coupe alternative to the E-class sedan, and *that* explains the price differential. The C-class has its own coupe. You may as well complain about the difference in price between the E320 and the C320 because they both have four doors and the same engine.
--/<eith
Keith Baird wrote:

While it is completely different than the C-Class coupe, the CLK is actually based on the C-Class platform, not the E-class. As for the price, it's all about marketing. I have heard rumors that MBZ actually loses money on the sale of a base model C-Class (i.e. C230 with no options). Apparently, the C-Class was designed to be something of a "loss-leader" to get people in the dealership (and to compete with the BMW 3-series).
--

- RODNEY

actually
all
the
The CLK isn't the C-coup, but it isn't an E-coup. It is a different model, probably in between. The internal design is different from both, the handling is different and the engines are the at 90% the same for all 3 (C, CLK and E). I think the Clk more elegant adn with a general image of higher level than the C.
Alex
www.artofvenice.com
The CLK actually is supposed to stand on its own, AFAIK. It is not a coupe/cab version of anything specific.
DAS